Alaska Medical Power of Attorney Form – The form of Alaska medical power of attorney is a legally binding document, where a Principal appoints an Agent to manage the decisions regarding health care with doctor’s team, which also include decisions of life’s end. The document won’t be effective until it is signed by Principal.
Before signing the document, the Principal must read it thoroughly. It is recommended to consult with a professional attorney regarding the substance, if you as the Principal need to understand the form better. Below are several steps to utilize this specific document.
Alaska Medical Power of Attorney Form – How to Write the Form
- Make sure, as the Principal, you have thoroughly read the notice section.
- Input the information of Principal, which include full name and full address, information about the agent which include full name and full address, and review the paragraph that explains about co-agent and other medical information.
- In the next section, you may input any particular instruction that you wish to be acknowledged, in terms of your medical treatment. You may also add some statements regarding your wishes over life threatening medical treatment issue, so all the parties involved can be sure that they recognize your wish.
- Input the date that you, as the Principal, want the document to be effective, and the date of termination where it becomes ineffective.
- Input information about successor agent, which will replace the initial Agent if he/she is unable or unwilling to carry out the responsibilities. You may appoint up to two successor agents, and input their information such as name and address.
- Have the witnesses sign the document.
- Input the Agent’s specimen signature (optional but recommended).
- Input information about the document preparer.
To become effective, this document has to involve witness and Notary Public. It also has to be noted the document can be revoked anytime the Principal desires.